Our Sustainability Goals
The Norwich City Community Sports Foundation is conscious that its positive work sometimes comes at the expense of environmental sustainability.
Moving forward, we wish to ensure that all aspects of our charity model are practiced with the utmost respect for the environments that we operate in at a local, national and global level.
The Foundation acknowledges its responsibility for environmental protection and also aims to contribute to the national commitment to sustainable development through carbon reduction targets.
Although a difficult target, the charity has set itself the following goal:
The Foundation will strive to make the correct decisions to bring its practices in line with sustainable living and all aspects of the charity will move towards carbon neutrality with a commitment to be Net Zero by 2030.
The Foundation will also prioritise Awareness & Education, introducing and maintaining systems and programmes which help increase positive engagement with the subject.
The Foundation’s current commitments are:
- Communicate its environmental policy and strategy to staff, students and other stakeholders and to raise awareness amongst these groups of their own environmental responsibilities and requirement to commit to environmental improvements
- Comply fully and where possible exceed standards set in relevant UK, EU and international regulatory requirements and agreements
- Reduce its carbon footprint through prudent use of fossil fuels (through energy conservation, management and efficiency within buildings) and to switch to low-carbon fuel alternatives where possible
- Manage and reduce water consumption
- Reduce waste created and where possible to reuse and recycle before responsible disposal of surplus materials; to use recycled and recyclable materials wherever possible
- Integrate principles of environmental sustainability within all Community Sports Foundation policies and practices, specifically to those relating to procurement of goods and services
- Avoid or limit wherever practical the use of environmentally-damaging substances, materials and processes
For more information, click here to read our full Sustainability Policy.