Physical and social activities for over 55s
CSF have been delivering the Extra Time project since 2008, engaging men and women aged 55 plus in weekly physical and social sessions.
One morning per week, attendees enjoy an hour of physical activity, followed by a social hour. Participants are welcome to attend the social hour only, details are below.
The programme allows participants to explore a wide range of different sports such as badminton, football, netball and table tennis, together with the opportunity to discuss key topics within the social sessions alongside special guest speakers.
Extra Time information
Physical activity & social session
Norwich – Carrow Park (summer) & Wensum Sports Centre (winter)
£3.50 per session (first session is free)
Social hour only
Norwich (Carrow Park)
£2.00 per session (first session is free)
Extra Time’s objectives are:
- To provide exercise opportunities to increase physical activity.
- Physical activity improves both physical health and emotional well being.
- It is one of the most important factors in maintaining a good quality of life.
- To provide a programme that helps improves muscle strength, balance and mobility.
- To provide social networking opportunities which can help address some of the social exclusion and isolation issues faced by older people.
- To increase the target group’s interest and connections with football.
To book your place, click here, or call us on 01603 761122.