Physical and social activities for over 55s
The Foundation have been delivering the Extra Time project since 2008, engaging men and women aged 55 plus in weekly physical and social sessions.
Two mornings per week, attendees enjoy an hour of physical activity, followed by a social hour. Participants are welcome to attend the social hour only.
The programme allows participants to explore a wide range of different sports such as badminton, football, netball and table tennis, together with the opportunity to discuss key topics within the social sessions alongside special guest speakers.
Venues & times
Extra Time Norwich – The Nest
Mondays | FREE thanks to an award from People’s Postcode Trust
Extra Time Norwich – Carrow Park
Wednesdays | £3.50 per session (first session is free)
Extra Time: Digital – The Nest
Fridays | FREE thanks to funding from Clarion Futures
Extra Time’s objectives are:
- To provide exercise opportunities to increase physical activity.
- Physical activity improves both physical health and emotional well being.
- It is one of the most important factors in maintaining a good quality of life.
- To provide a programme that helps improves muscle strength, balance and mobility.
- To provide social networking opportunities which can help address some of the social exclusion and isolation issues faced by older people.
- To increase the target group’s interest and connections with football.
It is our number one priority to ensure the health and safety of all our participants. All our sessions are fully compliant with the latest government and national governing body guidelines on social distancing. You can find out more about our precautions here.
Extra Time at The Nest has been made possible by an award from People’s Postcode Trust, a grant- giving charity funded entirely by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
To book your place, click here, or call us on 01603 761122.