Storing and using your personal information
Norwich City Community Sports Foundation is committed to respecting your privacy rights.
This document explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you including when you browse http://www.communtysportsfoundation.org.uk, book courses with us, attend our events, make donations, volunteer or we otherwise hold personal data about you. It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data including our legal basis for using your data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data.
Who are we?
Norwich City Community Sports Foundation is a charity registered in England and Wales (registered charity number 1088239) whose registered office is at Norwich City FC, Carrow Road, Norwich, NR1 1JE.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and all other applicable data privacy laws. If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us using the contact details below.
The personal data we collect about you
When you access our website, make purchases from Community Sports Foundation (including purchases made via our online booking system, over the phone, or at our office) sign up for our newsletter or make a donation to us we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
– your name
– your contact information
– your payment details
– your communication and shopping preferences
– special categories of data as described further below.
How and why, we use your personal data
How and why we use your data will depend on the purpose for which we have collected it from you.
Why we use your data?
- Enquiries – for our legitimate interests in dealing with your enquiry.
- Bookings – In order to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Event participants – For our legitimate interests in administering and delivering our events and, where applicable, in order to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Donors – For our legitimate interests in processing your donation.
- Volunteers – For our legitimate interests in administering and delivering our events.
- Newsletter subscribers – For our legitimate interests in promoting and marketing our activities.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from any of our newsletters at any time, please update your preferences using the links in our emails or contact us directly.
- Website users – For our legitimate interests in improving our services, events and courses including our website user experience.
- In each case we will also process personal data to the extent that we need to do so to comply with any applicable legal obligation and may in exceptional circumstances need to process your personal data to protect your vital interests.
How and why we may process special categories of personal data
We may need to use information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data or information about your health, sex life or sexual orientation. We will only use this kind of information in the following ways, where:
- we have your explicit consent;
- it is necessary for us to use this information to protect your vital interests or those of another person where it is not possible to obtain consent;
- it is necessary for us to do so in connection with the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; or
- in exceptional circumstances, another of the grounds specified in law for processing special categories of personal data are met.
In particular, we will need to collect these special categories of personal data for most event participants and volunteers to ensure that we can deliver our events safely and to meet the needs of our participants and volunteers. This information is only ever provided to us directly by you or by the parent, other person, school or other organisation booking the event on behalf of the participant.
Who we may share your information with
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent.
We may disclose your personal data where necessary to:
- to the parent, school or other person or organisation who arranged your attendance at our events;
- to any emergency contacts provided by you or on your behalf;
- to any organisation or other entity which may acquire or merge with us; and
- to law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for safeguarding or crime or fraud prevention purposes).
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- access to your personal data is limited to authenticated and approved staff.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Transfer of data out of the EEA
Some of our external service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or otherwise process some of your personal data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards are implemented:
- the countries we transfer your personal data to have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- we use contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data similar protection to that which it has in the EEA; or
- where we use providers in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data that applies within the EEA.
Please contact us if you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
You have rights under data protection laws, in certain circumstances, including to:
- request access to personal information that we may process about you
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information free of charge
- to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you where this is no longer required to be processed by us
- to object to or restrict our processing of some of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should put your request in writing and provide us with enough information to identify you. If we need further information we will let you know.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other applicable authority. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
If you wish to unsubscribe from email marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter we have sent to you.
Retention of data
We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so where your consent is the legal basis on which we process such data. All retained data will be held subject to this policy.
Third party sites
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you visit this website.
To contact us please use the following details:
Norwich City Community Sports Foundation
Norwich City FC,