Story added: 27th February 2019
Free Norfolk FA session on safeguarding teenagers online to be held at The Nest
We are delighted to offer parents the opportunity to attend a FREE workshop on the opportunities and challenges related to digital parenting.
The workshop will be delivered by the Norfolk Football Association on Tuesday 5th March at The Nest (6pm-7pm).
The workshop will focus on the theme of: ‘Do you ever worry about what your teenager is being exposed to online? Do you want to find out how to keep them safe on the Internet?’.
There are limited spaces available for this interactive workshop, so book now to get your free spot.
The session, which will be delivered by expert Dr Rachel O’Connell, will cover:
- The social networks and live-streaming apps your children use: how they access them/ time spent online/ who they interact with
- Taking and sending pictures: helping your child navigate demands to post photos online
- The online games children play and who they play them with
- The risks children take and how they perceive their own risks online
- Use of devices and how much information we share – protecting your child’s privacy online
This is a unique event as a result of co-operation between The Football Association and Trust Elevate, who are building a digital parenting solution that enables parents and guardians to communicate directly with online platforms and apps.
The session is primarily aimed at parents/carers, however if you’d like to bring along your teenage child(ren) along they are welcome. All attendees will need to bring a mobile phone or tablet.
To book your free place, click here now.